Recipe / Raw Key Lime Pie
A glorious take on a classic warm-weather dessert. Our raw vegan key lime pie recipe combines the healthy fats of coconut oil, ripe avocados, and coconut milk to achieve a delectably creamy texture (minus the guilt that comes from taking a second piece).
For an added twist, substitute lime juice with our tropical #18 juice blend!
1 ¼ cups of macadamia nuts
1 ¼ cups of pecans
½ cup of dried, pitted dates (soaked in water for 60 minutes)
2 tablespoons of Glory Nut Butter
¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
Pie Filling Ingredients:
1 ½ cups of fresh lime juice OR Glory #18 Juice (if you’re feeling glorious)
1 cup of agave syrup
½ cup full-fat coconut milk
2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 ¼ cups of coconut oil
- Lightly grease a 9-inch baking dish with coconut oil.
- Add macadamia nuts, pecans, dates, Glory Nut Butter and vanilla into a food processor. Process until the mixture is soft and malleable.
- Press mixture into the bottom of your greased baking dish.
- Put lime or #18 juice, agave syrup, coconut milk, avocados, vanilla extract, salt and coconut oil in a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust. Cover your baking pan and freeze overnight
- Thaw 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Image courtesy of Hello Veggie.