A Warming Winter Soup - Spicy Tomato, White Bean & Kale
This soup is full of immune-boosting ingredients and will definitely warm you up from the inside out!
Spicy Tomato, White Bean & Kale Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 brown onion, finely chopped
¼ cup fresh herbs, roughly chopped (we used oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil)
1-litre organic chicken bone broth or vegetable stock
1 tin organic whole tomatoes
1 tin organic white beans
1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon chilli flakes (or 1/2 for less spicy!)
Salt and pepper to taste
Head of Tuscan kale, finely shredded
Toasted pumpkin seeds, to serve
1. Prep all veggies and herbs.
2. In a large pot, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil. Add herbs and cook until fragrant.
3. Add the remaining ingredients (except the kale) and bring to boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until the soup thickens.
5. Stir in the kale before serving.
6. Serve in a large soup bowl and top with toasted pumpkin seeds.
*Leftover soup can be frozen.