With carrots, squash, spicy ginger, fresh turmeric, citrus juice, and warming spices, this cleansing carrot squash soup is ideal for boosting immunity and protecting you from sickness. Start building up your immune system now so you’re prepared for the winter months ahead!
Immune Boosting Carrot Squash Soup
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 L yellow onion, diced
2 large carrots, diced
4-6 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 inches ginger root, minced
1-2 inches turmeric root, minced
2 tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
salt & pepper to taste
4 cups organic vegetable broth
1 large acorn or delicata squash, chopped into small cubes
1 8oz #6 Glory Juice
1 can full fat coconut milk
1. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pot on medium-high.
2. Sauté onion and carrot stirring occasionally until onions are soft.
3. Add garlic, ginger, turmeric and spices stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add vegetable broth, squash, and #6 juice, turning heat to high and covering to bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer (keeping covered) and let simmer for 18-20 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
6. After simmering is complete, add coconut milk and stir well.
7. Add 1/3 batch to a high speed blender and blend on medium speed until smooth, letting the cap off the blender lid to allow steam to escape.
8. Empty contents into a separate pot and repeat with rest of soup. Only fill blender jar 1/2 full before blending each time. (Alternatively, you can use an immersion blender with the entire batch in the pot, it will just take longer and can be more messy if the pot is rather full).
9. Let blended soup sit on low heat to heat lightly and serve when ready to eat.
10. Top with pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
Recipe by Jacquie. Jacquie is a graduate of Applied Holistic Nutrition from the Institute of Holistic Nutrition and a manager within the Glory team.