Apple & Coconut Crumble.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
5 large apples
1 8oz bottle of Glory Juice #5
2 cups water (or enough to cover the apples)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup of almond meal
2 cups Glory Granola (crushed into small pieces)
1/2 cup of shredded coconut
2 tablespoons Glory Nut Butter
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1/4 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/ 355F.
- Cut the apples into medium sized cubes (discarding the core). Place the cubed apples into a large saucepan along with the #5 juice, enough water to cover the apples (2-3 cups) and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Boil the apples over a medium heat then cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to simmer for at least another 10 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- While the apples are stewing, make the crumble mixture by combining the almond meal, crushed granola, shredded coconut, nut butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup and coconut oil into a large mixing bowl. Mix throughly until well combined.
- Grease a square baking dish with coconut oil. Strain the liquid from the stewed apples into a cup (you can drink this later like a hot apple cider!) and empty the cooked apples into the baking dish.
- Spoon the crumble mixture all over the top of the stewed fruit. Press the mixture down to form a flat crust.
- Place dish in the oven and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until the crumble is golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes (so the crumble can harden) before serving. Serve with coconut milk ice-cream.
Recipe by Kavisha. Kavisha holds a Masters Degree in Wellness and is a nutrition expert at our Kitsilano store.