The Ultimate Summer Kale Salad
This kale salad is one of our faves! Massaging the kale with olive oil reduces the bitter taste and gives it a softer texture, making it much more pleasant to eat. The mango, avocado and blueberries add texture, extra flavour and a fun twist!
1 bunch kale
1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
1 avocado, chopped into cubes
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1 mango, chopped into cubes
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup walnuts
1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
Handful of blueberries
Cracked black pepper to season
1. Wash kale and tear off leaves from stems, breaking them down into smaller pieces. Dry well.
2. Add kale into a large bowl and add the olive oil and sea salt.
3. Using your hands, massage olive oil into the kale leaves until they are soft and a brighter green.
4. Prep all the remaining ingredients and mix them through the massaged kale until well combined.
5. Garnish with a sprinkle of blueberries and finish with a crack of black pepper to season. Serve.
This salad is perfect served with grilled organic chicken or wild salmon!
Leave a comment: