Recipe / Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake
Looking for a pumpkin inspired dessert that is gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, vegan and absolutely delicious? Look no further, your perfect holiday dessert recipe awaits…
Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake
Servings 8 -10 slices
For the crust:
For the cheesecake:
1 & 2/3 cups raw cashews (soaked in water overnight)
⅓ cup canned coconut milk
⅓ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
¼ cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
For the toppings:
For the cheesecake:
1. Grease a 6” springform pan with coconut oil, or line an 6” cake pan with strips of parchment paper for easy removal, and grease well with coconut oil. Set aside.
2. Add the pecans, almond flour, dates, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt to a food processor and pulse until it comes together into a sticky dough. Press the date dough evenly along the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. In the same food processor or high-powered blender (such as a Vitamix), combine all of the filling ingredients and blend until the mixture is silky smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides as necessary. You may need to add a bit more coconut milk to get it to blend smoothly.
4. Pour the filling into the prepared pan over the crust. Smooth out the top and tap the pan hard against the counter a few times to release any air bubbles. Garnish with whole pecans.
5. Place in the freezer to set for at least 3 hours or until completely firm.
6. Let thaw at room temperature for 10-15 minutes or for an hour in the refrigerator before serving. Run your knife under hot water to warm it up before cutting the cheesecake with the still-hot (dried) knife.
7. Serve with the caramel sauce. Store leftovers tightly wrapped in the freezer.
For the caramel sauce:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the Glory nut butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil until smooth and combined. Drizzle over the cheesecake before serving!