Recipe / Healthy Vegan Potato Salad
Labor Day long weekend calls the last BBQ’s of the summer season. Why not try our healthified version of potato salad this long weekend!
5-6 waxy potatoes
1 bunch green onion
3-4 radish bulbs
3-4 stalks of celery
1 purple carrots
1 cup thawed frozen green peas (run under water for 30 seconds).
1 mashed avocado
1 lemon (juiced)
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon mustard
2 tablespoons pickle juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut potatoes into small cubes and steam them.
2. While potatoes are steaming, thinly slice the green onion, radish, celery and purple carrot. Add prepared ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Prepare the dressing by whisking all the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Once the potatoes are cooked and while they are still warm, add them to the bowl with the dressing and mix well.
5. Add in the fresh veggies and mix until well combined.
6. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Serve!