Recipe / Gluten-Free Apple & Cinnamon Pancakes
These delectable pancakes are super simple and are just the thing to get you jumping out of bed on a cold morning! Not only are they gluten-free, but they’re also dairy-free and refined sugar-free. Happy brunching!
Gluten-Free Apple & Cinnamon Pancakes
(Makes 6 pancakes)
1 ripe banana
4 Tablespoon almond flour
2 Tablespoon coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 red apples, chopped into small cubes
1 8oz bottle of Glory #5 juice
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
Glory nut butter
Toasted coconut flakes
Crushed walnuts and pecans
1. Place chopped apples into a small pot and pour in the juice. Top up with water until the apples are covered.
2. Add cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla and simmer over medium heat until the apples are soft (about 15 minutes).
3. While the apples are simmering away, blend all pancake ingredients in a blender until smooth.
4. Heat some coconut oil in a pan and cook pancakes on both sides until lightly brown (turning when the top bubbles).
5. Layer pancakes with almond butter, shredded coconut, and the cooked apple mixture.
6. Top with banana, crushed walnuts, pecans and coconut flakes and drizzle over some of the apple liquid to finish!